Student Parking Permit
- Parking in the John Carroll student lot during the school day is by permit only.
- Parking permits are $50 for the full year and $25 after January 1.
- There are no assigned spots in the student lot.
- Parking on the oval is assigned individually by student lottery.
- All incoming freshmen and transfer students must complete all health and physical forms available via SchoolDoc.
- All returning students should complete the Discretionary Medication form annually, and any returning students who will participate in athletics or dance will also need to upload an annual physical to SchoolDoc.
- All returning students who need medication during the school day should also complete the MD Medication Authorization Form through SchoolDoc. This applies to emergency medication like inhalers and Epipens as well. Please note the self-carry option is only permissible for inhalers and Epipens; all other medications must be turned over to the school nurse.
Maryland Learner’s Permit School Attendance Form
Section A of the Attendance Verification (aka DL-300) must be completed and signed by both the student and the parent before the school can complete its part. If John Carroll is operating under distance learning, please have your student email his or her signed form to Ms. Opperhauser at firstname.lastname@example.org. It will then be processed and mailed back to you in a sealed envelope.
Maryland Work Permit Application
During the 2014 session, the Maryland General Assembly passed House Bill 467 that modifies the requirements that must be met before a minor work permit can be issued. The new change requires the minor’s parent or guardian to certify the age on the minor work permit is correct rather than producing proof of age to an issuing officer (aka JCS). This change allows the Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation to grant applicants (minors) the ability to download and print a work permit directly from the website.
From July 29, 2014, forward, please instruct minors seeking to apply for a work permit to complete the online application found at the link below. Once the application is completed, the minor will be able to print the work permit. The work permit must then be signed by the minor, the minor’s parent (guardian), and the employer. Work permits are not valid unless signed by all parties.
Legal Custody Form
If parents are divorced, please submit the following to the School Counseling Office:
- A certified copy of the decree bearing the case number, judge’s signature and court seal with pages referencing custody arrangement and school contacts.
It is the responsibility of parents to inform the Business office of any modifications during the student’s tenure at John Carroll. For questions or concerns, please contact Mary Opperhauser at email@example.com.
VIRTUS (formerly Shield the Vulnerable, STAND)
An Archdiocesan educational tool that brings volunteers to the current level of awareness in protecting our youth. Each individual learns to recognize signs of child abuse, when and where to report suspected abuse, and ensures the behavioral expectations defined in the Archdiocese’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Policy. Please use the links below to read more and view the instructions on registering online for VIRTUS.