Welcome, Patriot Parents!
Parents have always played an essential role in The John Carroll School’s commitment to educate their children.
Parents are instrumental in the educational processes. You were your children’s first teachers and continue in this role as you model desired behavior, help with homework, and play and work with your children, while shaping them into responsible and compassionate young adults.
Thank you for all that you have done and continue do to help us do our job better.
- Parent Association Information & Events
Parent Association Officers for 2018-2019
Chair: Mark Lazoff
Vice Chair: Sherri Ray
Treasurer: Colleen Crews
Secretary: Terri Ferguson
Parent Association Purpose & Objectives:
- To create and foster a spirit of parental involvement in The John Carroll School.
- To have members take an active interest in the academic, social, and moral welfare of the School.
- To promote active participation of all members in the fund-raising activities of the School.
- To unite the members in bonds of friendship, good fellowship, and mutual understanding.
- To provide a forum for the full and free discussion of all matters of School interest.
- To encourage Christian standards in the School community.
- To partner with the Board of Trustees and administration fulfilling the mission and strategic objectives of the School.
How We Give Back
The John Carroll Parent Association (JCPA) is proud to be a strong partner in our school community. Through countless volunteer hours, our parents, grandparents and families have worked closely with faculty and students to positively influence campus life. We extend a big THANK YOU for all that have given their time and energy to the PA.
During the year, we sponsor fundraising events, including the JCPA Bull Roast, Christmas Bazaar and Spring Fundraiser. Additionally, the JCPA sells Senior Banners, coordinates and executes After-Prom and holds social events. Through these efforts, as well as selling concessions, we have been able to invest in the school and our students.
The JCPA is proud to have contributed $25,000 to the school's Safety and Security initiatives, which purchased many upgrades, including the new Welcome Center at the main entrance.
We also support the school by volunteering our time through activities such as assisting with Open House, serving as JC Ambassadors, and providing faculty support, just to name a few.
We have had a great year and look forward to continuing the tradition of excellence with all of our dedicated volunteers, faculty and staff. Please consider becoming an active member of the Parent Association. It is a rewarding way to be involved and stay informed! Go Patriots!
- Annual Parent Association Bull Roast – November 16, 2018 (Chairs: Andrea Schermerhorn and Denise Novak)
- Christmas Bazaar – December 1, 2018 (Chair: Colleen Crews)
- Spring Fundraiser (Chair: TBD)
- Senior Banners (Chair: Colleen Crews)
- Senior Post-Prom Party (Chair: TBD)
- Concessions – Ongoing (Chairs: Leigh Rosica and Terri Ferguson)
Your support in attending these fundraisers is greatly appreciated!!
We look forward to having you involved! Watch the Weekly Update email and check here often for all of the latest updates and volunteer opportunities.
Parent Association Meetings
All meetings will be held at 7:00pm in the Advancement Office, across from the cafe.
- Wednesday, October 10
- Tuesday, November 13
- Tuesday, December 11
- Tuesday, January 8
- Wednesday, February 13
- Tuesday, March 12
- Tuesday, April 2
- Tuesday, May 7
- Parent-Administration Alliance
Parent-Administration Alliance (PAL)
- To articulate issues and concerns of parents to the School administration.
- To assist the administration in addressing the issues and concerns of the parents.
- To advise the administration, as requested, on ideas regarding the academic, arts, and athletic programs of the School and overall School life.
The Alliance may address any issue or idea connected with any aspect of school programs. It will NOT address the following:
- Specific school personnel. This will fall under the authority of the Principal and President;
- Individual student problems. These are to be discussed by the parents with the teacher/coach involved; and/or the appropriate department chair or supervisor; and/or the Principal.
Parent-Administration Alliance (PAL) membership consists of: The Chair, Grade Representatives (4 appointed for each grade by the Chair for a set term); the Principal of John Carroll; and the President of the school.
PAL will meet regularly during the school year from September through June. Parents are reminded to contact their Grade Representatives with issues or ideas they would like to have presented at the next PAL meeting.
Submissions can be questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions. From time to time, the administration will request information and suggestions from the parent body with the help of the Grade Representatives.
Class Representatives: 2018-19
- FACTS Tuition Management
The John Carroll School partners with a tuition management service, FACTS Management Company (FACTS), to provide our families with flexibility in making their tuition payments. Through FACTS, families are offered more payment (plan) choices, and they are able to view and manage their accounts online throughout the year. FACTS collects all tuition payments for the 1-Pay (Annual) 2-Pay (Semi-Annual), 4-Pay (Quarterly), 10-Pay (Monthly) and 20-Pay (Bimonthly) options. You can enroll in our tuition management service directly through the FACTS website.
If you have any questions regarding tuition payment plan options, please contact Vicki Thacker at 410-879-2480, ext. 2008 or email@example.com. You may also directly contact FACTS toll free at 1-866-441-4637.
- VIRTUS Compliance System
VIRTUS Compliance System (formerly Shield the Vulnerable, STAND)
An Archdiocesan educational tool that brings volunteers to the current level of awareness in protecting our youth. Each individual learns to recognize signs of child abuse, when and where to report suspected abuse, and ensures the behavioral expectations defined in the Archdiocese’s Code of Conduct and Statement of Policy.