Liturgy & Prayer
Every morning and in every class, the John Carroll community begins in prayer. As part of our commitment to prepare students to be spiritually centered and morally grounded, the Office of Mission & Ministry provides numerous opportunities to participate in liturgy and prayer.
Opportunities for Liturgy & Prayer
- School-wide Liturgies - Beginning and End of the Year, Holy Days and special occasions such as Junior Ring Mass and Baccalaureate
- School-wide Prayer Services - Prior to Thanksgiving and during the holy seasons of Advent and Lent, the entire John Carroll community gathers together in prayer to recall the important role these seasons hold for each of us
- Weekly Mass
- Athletic Prayer Services - We start each athletic season together in prayer, with our athletes receiving a blessing from a local priest
- Reconciliation and Eucharistic Adoration - Both are offered during the holy season of Lent
- Daily Prayer - Each day from the Office of Mission & Ministry, John Carroll students begin their day in prayer
Students can get involved by serving as Eucharistic Ministers, Music Ministers, Lectors, Sacristans, and Altar Servers.